Saturday 21 September 2013

What happens when you don’t have a gallbladder?

My liver will continue to make bile, but there is no longer a place to store it or concentrate it.  Therefore bile continually slowly trickles into the intestines.  If I eat a fatty meal, I will not be able to secrete a large enough amount of bile into my intestines, therefore the fat will be poorly digested.  This means many people experience diarrhea, bloating, nausea or indigestion.
Not digesting fat means I will not be able to digest essential fatty acids, including omega 3 and omega 6 fats.  It also means I have a hard time absorbing fat soluble vitamins such as vitamins D, E, A and K. These nutrients are vital for good health, and I will need to take a supplement such EAGLE Digestaid and Greenridge Liverplex to support digestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment